And What About College?: How Homeschooling Leads to Admissions to the Best Colleges & Universities
Cafi Cohen
Thinking, Fast and Slow
Daniel Kahneman
Existence
David Brin
Etiquette & Espionage
Gail Carriger
Flunking Sainthood: A Year of Breaking the Sabbath, Forgetting to Pray, and Still Loving My Neighbor
Jana Riess
Mathletics: A Scientist Explains 100 Amazing Things About the World of Sports
John D. Barrow
A Natural History of Dragons: A Memoir by Lady Trent
Marie Brennan
The Little Book of Market Myths: How to Profit by Avoiding the Investing Mistakes Everyone Else Makes
Kenneth L. Fisher
The Fellowship of the Ring
J.R.R. Tolkien
The Anti-Education Era: Creating Smarter Students through Digital Learning
James Paul Gee
Homeschoolers' College Admissions Handbook: Preparing 12- to 18-Year-Olds for Success in the College of Their Choice - Cafi Cohen, Linda Dobson Great for a nervous parent!Part One focuses on setting goals, next comes paper trails, and last is the admission office. I read it because my daughter, age 12, is doing high school level work and I wasn't sure what to do. So according to the author, I could claim it for her high school transcript. I also appreciated the suggestion that foreign language study start early. How to demonstrate leadership experiences for a college application is my current project, since Cohen suggests joining an organization in grades 7-8, in order to rise to in-charge positions in a few years.